I’m looking inside me, discovering who I really am and the person I ultimately want to be when I grow up! As I said before, 2020 will be all about my journey to learning and discovering how to live my very best life. So, self-discovery is the mode I’m in.
Self-discovery is an amazing process that we all should embark on, to become a better person for ourselves and for our family and friends. It’s really about just looking inside of you to discover who you really are as a person. Growing those aspects you like and eliminating the ones you do not. Here are a few tips that can help you start a journey to self-discovery of your own.
1. Practice being quiet and becoming mindful by paying attention to yourself and your surroundings without focusing on your past or the future. Freeing yourself from the noise that surrounds you all day, every day and be intentionally quite for at least 10 or 15 minutes each day. Some people pray, meditate or just sit and be quite. You’ll be amazed how truly relaxed you can feel after just 15 minutes of quite time.
2. Ask yourself these questions, Who am I? What brings me joy? What am I afraid of? What do I want to accomplish? Be honest with yourself. Asking yourself questions is an effective way to hone in on who you are and what you really want.
3. Journaling your thoughts is a great way to reflect on where you are in life and focus on where you may want to go in the future. A couple of writing prompts to get you started are: Make a list of 30 things that make you smile; If you could talk to your teenage self, write what you would like to say; What do you love about life; List 30 things you are grateful for.
4. Practice self-care. Take time from your busy schedule to do things that make you happy and feel good.
5. Surround yourself with supportive people who encourage your journey to self-discovery. To grow into the best possible version of yourself, cling to those who support and eliminate those who bring you strife.
These are 5 tips that can help you start on a journey to self-discovery.
Now it’s your turn,
What do you do to find a little quite time to yourself?